If you’re looking for a healthy, nutritious recipe that is sure to become a family favorite, why not try my best clam chowder.
My Best Clam Chowder:
- 3 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams
1. Place your diced carrots, potatoes, celery and onions in a large skillet.
2. Pour the juice from your clams, over your diced vegetables.
3. Pour water over your vegetables, until they are submerged in water.
4. Cook your vegetables and clams until tender, using a medium heat setting.
5. Use a decent sized saucepan to melt your butter, using a medium heat setting.
6. Start to whisk your flour into the butter, until the consistency of your mixture is smooth. Don’t be afraid to continue stirring until your mixture has achieved a smooth, even consistency.
7. Next pour your prepared vegetables into your flour and butter mixture. Keep your pan heated but don’t let the contents of your pan reach boiling point.
8. Right before serving, stir your clams into your mixture. Avoid over cooking your clams as if clams overcook they become too tough.